Dreaming of Turkey - Cotton Castle

This is the second illustration that I designed for the ''Dreaming of Turkey'' series. In the beginning I draw more then one characters. But later I thought it will be fun to just have one character and use an emotion that can be related to what we feel. Sometimes we really need to just be away from everything and have some time with ourselves. For me sometimes I love to be alone and away from everything by going to a different place which is related to nature. I don't know if I mentioned it before but I am obsessed with nature. I acted like a child who is so curious and amazed for every single natural thing I see. So it might make other people get bored of the way I acted but sorry I can't stop myself:))  I know I had some feeling for nature before but it become more stronger when I move to New Zealand :)

In this illustration I used a place called Cotton Castle which is located in Turkey and it is made of travertine. You can learn more details in wikipedia. Its a very interesting place to visit and you can go into some of the pools. Because some of the area is protected by the UNESCO which made me feel so happy:) Because it was in a bad condition since so many tourists are visiting the area.

In these series I wanted to use ottoman empire characters because I thought it will give a different perspective than we usually know them. We are used to see them in a serious and realistic historical stories or media. So I though why not use this as an advantage and make people smile when they see middle eastern themes depicted in illustrations...