Mouses playing Traditional Turkish Music


This will be one of the animal nursery series that I will be illustrating. I thought including my Turkish background will give the chance to the world to notice and learn about our (Turkish) culture. Turkish culture is not very well known and it is hard to see illustrations about it.

In this illustration The horn is called ''Zurna'', the middle mouse is dancing which calls ''Halay'', and the third one is using a Turkish trumpet called ''Davul'' and using ''tokmak'' to hit the trumpet. I have searched and watched some videos about this music and the people who are using it. Usually they go to a house and take the bride from the house with the groom. Also they use it in other celebrations as well. Sometimes they just go to an empty green area with their car and just sing dance and play to have fun as well. So I wanted to show this perspective which was very fun :D