Water Color Study-2

This one is a study of Blue Hydrangeas from Emma's Watercolor book. I am trying to learn watercolor with her exercises which I have shared in my previous post. This one was about using the paints with wet on wet technique. I really liked the feeling of how colors flow to each other and it also has that surprising and spontaneous result which makes it very fun. But also makes you feel like you don't have the control with your painting and that can create fear. However, In my opinion not having the full control and being relaxed creates natural and authentic feeling for the result. Thats the thing I want to experience because when you use digital media it might make your painting stiff and unnatural. Because of that whenever I decide to do digital painting I always draw with traditional medium first so I can still have that flexibility to make accidental marks also I can feel the raw media directly on the paper. Then I use these sketches on my digital software and I don't loose that pure and true feeling that I want to represent with my work.
So lets talk about my second watercolor painting that I studied. I tried to experiment with this wet on wet approach on a separate watercolor paper so I can understand how it works. I realized that when I did it on the separate paper i was more relaxed and I really liked the effect. The way the colors flow into each other amazed me. It was something that I never saw before. But when I actually painted the final flower in the vase subject I wasn't feeling relaxed. I was afraid of making a mistake. So that effected the painting. I really wanted to have the same effect that I did on the separate paper. As a result I understood that it just comes with practice and with repeating the technique I will be more confident and more relaxed which will make my final paintings more close to what I want. It doesn't mean that this painting is not good, but I know I can do better and this was my first trial. I embrace all the process that I can make mistake which is the way to expressing yourself in a more free way. When you have that confidence you will know how to show yourself through those paintings.

Hope these experiences and my thoughts will give you hope and have more courage to keep going. Have a lovely day my friends.