Charlie's Chocolate Factory-Scene 2


This is the second scene of Charlie's Chocolate Factory. After having their usual cabbage soup Charlie always went to his Grandparents' room and listen to their stories. One evening Charlie asked is the Chocolate Factory the biggest in the world and they start to talk about the mystery of this factory. This is the moment that I wanted to illustrate for the second scene of this story. I have been working for these piece for a while and it had some challenges which helped me to learn and find solutions. For example arranging all the characters in the right position so they can be clearly seen so I thought why not play with the perspective of the bed, since I like to break the rules a bit because for children there is no rules they just do what feels right to them and they push the boundries. So I am also trying to experiment with a child's mind.

I have realized that I love including details in the scene so people can notice different elements that tells more stories in one scene. For example the photos in the back and the newspaper are all related to Charlie and about the Chocolate factory. Those show how much they love their grandson and they are very excited about the factory as well. I wanted to make it believable scene that they have a background. Children love to read the stories over and over so why not put more stories through details so they can discover different elements in the illustration.

Hope you enjoy this painting as I did while I painted it. I also wish it will bring you happiness when you look at this painting. Have a lovely day my friends...