Some Old Lovely Sketches

Hi there! Now I am trying to blog everyday which is like a journaling to me. Sharing this journey with you makes me feel I am not alone in this challenging path. You know its a isolated and a lonely journey as we freelance illustrators have. I do enjoy being with myself but to be honest I am a social person so it is hard sometimes to not having that interactive environment. The last time I joined an Art Convention to have network and sell my art prints made me feel so alive and happy. Because I can see people's reactions and hear their thoughts about my work and meet other artist like me. It felt more real to me than having to connecting through internet all the time. But now I think by sharing my journey with you will be so rewarding and will make me feel close to you as well. Also, I will like you to know me and my thoughts and experiences in this adventure. So hello and welcome to my life with ups and downs... I am so happy to blog more regularly, building a relationship with you and recording my journey in this illustration career. Thank you for following my work and being beside me it really makes it more meaningful.

While I am working on my Circus themed illustration and my Chocolate Factory's 3rd piece (from my Children's book portfolio work that I have been working on) I wanted to share couple of my old sketches. When I look back I realized that I really enjoy sketching from old photos or people who have this way of look that you can feel they have an interesting story. It makes me so excited and I want to interpret their story in my perspective. In other words, I want to draw them in a way that how they make me feel and how I imagine their story is. Its just the old photos has this mystery, something makes us wonder. Maybe one day I will gather some old photos and make my own children's book:) That will be so fun!

So here is a mix of sketches that I did way back from old photos, some old tv shows, a girl from a different culture that made me feel connected and so authentic, lastly my own self portrait:)

Have a nice day, enjoy the life around you and be curious about people's stories. They can inspire you who knows... Everyone has something to give you... And we have so much in common.